FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cooke lenses for RED

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Cooke lenses for RED
on Jan 14, 2008 at 4:21:14 pm

This may be old news to everyone, but it was new to me...

I was just doing some lens browsing and noticed that Cooke is now offering a special lens package "just for the RED."

Well, actually, it is not just for the RED... they are actually their regular S4/i lenses, but with the Cooke logo engraved in red instead of white.

They say there is "special pricing" for the set of four (three S4/i primes and a 15-40mm zoom), but don't say exactly what it is or how "special" it is. However those four lenses in the "non-RED" version normally come in just shy of $100K (actually $97,250) so I imagine they will still be pretty pricey.

Sure would be nice though... I don't necessarily love the look of all Cookes, but the S4's are very sweet indeed.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Cooke lenses for RED
on Jan 15, 2008 at 12:43:09 am

[Todd at Fantastic Plastic] "I was just doing some lens browsing and noticed that Cooke is now offering a special lens package "just for the RED." "

Sorry, that was an NAB announcement,

I am currently testing my RED system with a full set of S4/i's however the "i" metadata capture is not yet enabled in the camera.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Re: Cooke lenses for RED
on Jan 15, 2008 at 2:41:39 am

[gary adcock] "however the "i" metadata capture is not yet enabled in the camera."

Gary you answered my next question before I could ask it... I was indeed wondering if the lenses were properly chatting with the RED body and transferring the /i metadata.

I guessing that is on the list of things to come? I'm also wild guessing that that is not taking highest priority on the list of functions-yet-to-be-enabled? I'm guessing the Cooke /i datalink would still work ok basically standalone, but it would be a sweet thing to have all the lens data actually recorded with the image file.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]