FORUMS: list search recent posts

R3D Cam Epic Raw footage

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Franklin
R3D Cam Epic Raw footage
on Oct 10, 2011 at 8:02:13 pm

So i have some R3D Files shot on the epic.... is there some program that can read these files RAW?

Basically we got our footage transcoded into mxf media and some of it works fine and some of it we had issues with. I am working in Avid Media composer 5.5 & i know Avid does not work with Raw Epic files regardless of the plugin... so what else can I use?

I have access to Final Cut 6, Final Cut 7, final Cut X, and Adobe Premiere Pro 5.

I had no success with Final Cut 6 or Adobe Premiere (but the tutorial i read might have been solely for Premiere 5.5),

Are there any suggestions?
I need to find out if there is something wrong with the actual R3D files.

Return to posts index

Nelson Goforth
Re: R3D Cam Epic Raw footage
on Oct 27, 2011 at 7:41:29 pm

RedCineX is a complicated program (even though it only does one thing). You may really, really want to get someone in who knows the application, even just to get you started.

Plus, if you don't have a Red Rocket you may find that you can only render out very small files in anything like a reasonable amount of time. I was rendering Red One files out on my 8-core MacPro (pre-Rocket) and a few five-minute clips took overnight!

What is the problem you're seeing in MXF files? I've never used them, but someone here may be able to help, particularly if you can post short clips of 'good' vs 'problem' files. And where are you located, in case a member is in your area (with a Rocket).

Nelson Goforth

Red Camera Rental & Indy Features, Denver Colorado.
rockymountain4k.com * 303.506.2456

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]