FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon mount

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Binn
Canon mount
on Oct 5, 2011 at 10:49:30 am

I’ve heard about a new Canon mount which enables focus control via touch screen. Is this mount already available and how can I distinguish it from the older model?

Charles

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Canon mount
on Oct 7, 2011 at 7:16:19 am

The "new" canon mount is made by RED for the EPIC camera only. It costs 2000.00 and is available on the RED STORE but I believe it is backordered.

THe "old" canon mount was made by Imperigo and it is not supported or approved by RED after they had a fallout. That mount was operable on the RED ONE or RED ONE MX camera.

David

Return to posts index

Colin Hubick
on Oct 11, 2011 at 7:30:45 pm

the older EF mount was by Birger Enginnering, but they still make an EF mount for the Red One. The new EF mount is for the Epic only.

Colin

Return to posts index

Charles Binn
on Oct 19, 2011 at 5:19:55 pm

Hi Colin, Hi David,

thanks for answering. Does this older mount work in manual mode with Red Epic and Canon lenses? Cause the new mount is backordered for months.

Thanks a lot
Charles

Return to posts index

Colin Hubick
on Oct 19, 2011 at 5:55:56 pm

No the older Birger mount will not work on the Epic. The two cameras have entirely different mounting engineering. Your only other option is to look at a "dumb" non-electronic option that will go into the PL mount. This is not ideal, and I don't think that I would recommend it as the aperture will always be wide open on the dumb mount.

Really the best bet right now is the Red Canon mount for Epic. I saw that a Leica mount is also available from a third party for the Epic, but I don't think that helps you.

cheers
Colin
http://www.redhatstudios.ca

PS - I have the Red canon mount on order as well, and have heard that it works very well. Autofocus, IS, and aperture control, all from a touch screen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]