FORUMS: list search recent posts

some R3Ds don't get trimmed

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sushil sharma
some R3Ds don't get trimmed
on Sep 29, 2011 at 6:06:06 am

hi
i am going to start my new feature film offline on avid media composer. film will be shot on RED ONE and after offline i am supposed to deliver EDL with trimmed R3D files to be carried in single HDD for finishing at some other post house. as preparation i got some red files from three different REDONE cameras converted to MXF and ALE, edited in MC 5.5 and then passed edl to redcineX (latest version) for getting the trimmed R3D files to test my workflow.
my problem is that some files are trimmed perfectly but at least 3 or 4 are not trimmed. the error message is "completed with errors". when i open the console i get the message "invalid source file". which is ruining my whole workflow. as i thought it could be any EDL mistake. so i took that particular clip , put only that single clip in timeline in REDCINEX , trimmed and tried to export trimmed R3D, but error strikes again.what can be the reason for such error? please suggest.
thanx for any help.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: some R3Ds don't get trimmed
on Oct 1, 2011 at 12:20:58 am

This is just a guess, but if you look in the original r3d folder, are there two r3d files in there? Perhaps it's not liking "spanned" r3ds

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]