FORUMS: list search recent posts

Let me be the first to welcome the Red Cinema

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Wargo
Let me be the first to welcome the Red Cinema
on Sep 5, 2007 at 4:36:36 pm

There has been around two years of anticipation building as the Red camera has gone through it's design and development stages. This long period of time has brought about a lot of controversy regarding it's capabilities, it's use and the ability of an unknown to join the ranks of Sony, Panavision and Thompson.

Now that the first shipments have happened, we eagerly await feedback from the new owners on it's actual use in the field.

I do request that the comments remain professional in nature. I will stop the occasional sarcasm if the Red cheerleaders will just give us a break.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

Sony HDCAM F-900 & HDW-2000/1 deck
5 Final Cut Pro systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
Steve Connor
Re: Let me be the first to welcome the Red Cinema
on Sep 5, 2007 at 6:45:33 pm

That sounds like a fair deal!

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Sep 5, 2007 at 8:50:59 pm

I was actually hoping that I could be professional for a change on all the other forums, and turn this into the "Red Boxing Forum". Maybe if I say something like "I couldn't have shot this film without the RED Camera", that would stir up trouble.

Because I am in the post production industry, all of this is just an observation to me - until I get my grimy hands on some RED Media, and see what the workflow is like.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Sep 5, 2007 at 9:29:05 pm

I knew we could count on you Bob.

Maybe someone can send you a memory card, or a DVD or a 'You Send It' file to look at.

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Sep 5, 2007 at 10:43:14 pm

[Steve Wargo] "Maybe someone can send you a memory card, or a DVD or a 'You Send It' 'Media Batch' file to look at. "

I never liked external services that take my clients away from my own post-production website! ;-)

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
on Sep 6, 2007 at 5:02:46 am

[Marco Solorio] "I never liked external services that take my clients away from my own post-production website! ;-)"

Did you just hijack my post? I'll look into the Media Batch software but why don't you give us a brief on it while we wait for the Red evaluations to come rolling in?

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

5 Final Cut Pro systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Sep 6, 2007 at 5:31:04 am

LOL! I'll plead the fifth and just say Bob hijacked the post! =)

I don't want to blab too much so I'll keep it short. Media Batch works on your own website server (whether dedicated, shared, custom, whatever). It allows you to create password protected client/project lists in which you (and users) can upload media files which can then be viewed inline in your web browser and/or downloaded. To go a step further, the system has an approval system, a notation/message system, digital fingerprinting, expiration settings and a whole lot more. One of the favorite features is the Media Batch FLV Viewer. With it, you have frame-accurate timecode based playback (with master timecode offset if needed) in which you can apply marker points to the timeline in real-time. From there you can add notes to each marker point as well as draw on the video frame for each marker point. Everything is automatically saved to the server everytime you perform an action.

There's about 3 million other features, but I'll save them for later! ;-)

And if Bob asks... I *swear* I have a black burst generator connected to my server just for Media Batch!!! :D

And just to stay true to this thread... I'm very excited to see what develops here. I'll wager this will be a very active forum!!! I'll probably sit on the sidelines and eat popcorn for the most part!

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

Steve Wargo
Leo was actually first
on Sep 7, 2007 at 2:25:28 am

I was typing away, wanting to post the first post and Leo beat me to it. Because he comes from the real world of HD production (Varicam) he will be able to present an unbiased evaluation of Red. We look forward to that.

Steve Wargo
Tempe, Arizona
It's a dry heat!

5 Final Cut Pro systems
Sony HVR-M25 HDV deck

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
Re: Leo was actually first
on Sep 8, 2007 at 5:36:23 am

Leo's da man. Looking forward to his feedback too!

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]