FORUMS: list search recent posts

Identify Resolution Question

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hannah neufeld
Identify Resolution Question
on May 19, 2011 at 2:07:22 pm

I have a total newbie question.
I edited a project where I was supplied with Apple ProRes 422 files. I was told that the original elements were shot on the Red, but I don't have access to those files.
We are trying to organize finishing this project but no one over at the place that has the physical files seems to know how the R3D files were shot - ie, what resolution.
I don't know enough to talk them through this and they say they can't open them on their system. Is there an easy way for them to look at the original files and tell me what resolution they are?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Identify Resolution Question
on May 19, 2011 at 2:17:57 pm

Tell them to go here and download Red Cine X-

https://red.com/support/all/downloads

-Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Stuart Ferreyra
on May 19, 2011 at 2:19:42 pm

Any computer that has the Red codec installed should be able to open the R3D files and check what the resolution and frame rate of the shoot was. You should ask for a copy of some or all of the media on a portable hard drive to take back to your system and check. I wouldn't take the original drive as it could create a liability problem if something goes wrong.

Stuart Ferreyra
Professional Colorist / Online Editor
http://www.timecodemultimedia.com

Timecode Multimedia
- Color Grading, Finishing and Mastering post-production.
- DaVinci Resolve, Apple Color / SD, HD, SR, RED and DSLR.
- SD, HD, SR decks + Editing and Color Grading Suites Rentals.

Return to posts index

hannah neufeld
on May 19, 2011 at 3:39:03 pm

Thanks to both of you for your help.
For liability reasons, a copy of the material is being sent directly to the facility where we are color-grading and conforming. That's one of the reasons why I've never seen the original material.

Cheers.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]