FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clipfinder missing REDline command line utility?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kapleton
Clipfinder missing REDline command line utility?
on May 13, 2011 at 10:42:09 pm

Hello friends,

I am trying to use Clipfinder on my fully up to date 12-core macpro to convert some 2k & 4K RED footage. I have included a screen grab of the red error message - it seems to say something about REDAlert missing for render functions? I do not even see RedAlert on the RED website to download. I do not have a RedRocket card so I was hoping to use Clipfinder to take advantage of my 12 core 32GB system as opposed to usind RedCine-X which i believe would take forever because it does not use cores? Ultimately the client insists we go back to the RAW R3D to grade but I have a feeling the media management may be a big issue.

I am going to post another thread above this with a better framed question but I just thought to ask about this ClipFinder issue seperately.

Clipfinder Version 2.2e (505)
RED Final Cut Studio 30.3 installer
Fully up to date Final Cut studio & OSX 10.6.7

I did notice that the editor who passed off this project for grading in color media managed the sequences and reconnected to the R3D files HOWEVER i dont see original R3D folder structure at all - you will see this in the grabs i made - looks like media manager just made a media folder for the reconnected shots. The FCP sequence setting say 1920x1080 23.98 ProRes HQ but when i command-9 each clip it shows up as REDCODE 2k or 4K.

I am a little concerned that the media management process may have been done incorrectly - if so I need to make the best of it as I only have a to grade this :90 spot...not including the conform process :)

Sorry if i am leaving out any important info here - i am on a crazy deadline this wknd and have a lot going on.

any help would be amazing!
thank you
s

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: Clipfinder missing REDline command line utility?
on May 14, 2011 at 8:56:38 am

Clipfinder hasn't been updated in a while. Use RCX (free) or Storm (worth the money).

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]