FORUMS: list search recent posts

edl conform

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Huggins
edl conform
on Jan 4, 2008 at 9:29:16 pm

We are using Red and FCP. Once an off line is done in FCP with low res files, how do we use the edl to import the 2K R3d files for full res conform and color correct in Red Cine?

We know each shot can be imported as a .mov file manually, but isn't there an edl program that can take a full list more automatically?

Thanks, Film Joe

Return to posts index

Barend Onneweer
Re: edl conform
on Jan 5, 2008 at 7:54:58 pm

This is still part of the unfinished post workflow. Although this thread:
http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7146
suggests that a solution isn't too far off.

Bar3nd

Raamw3rk - digital storytelling and visual effects

Return to posts index

Joe Huggins
on Jan 7, 2008 at 7:24:06 pm

Thank, I'll have the techs here review that in more detail but it appears you show a way to cut in RedCine then xport to Avid. I want to cut off line in FCP, then take that list into RedCine to pull 2K selects (reel by reel or drive by drive) for exporting masters clips into FCP to finish.

Maybe I missed it from the info on the link you show or mis-understood.

Thanks, Film Joe

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Jan 6, 2008 at 3:08:51 pm

Redcine is not a conforming program, and it isn't about to become one. It also isn't a color correction program, at least not in the full featured sense of the term. What Red has stated will be added is pull list functionality, which will allow batch processing of all clips in a finished piece. Conforming functionality is not a part of that.

Return to posts index

Joe Huggins
on Jan 7, 2008 at 7:31:10 pm

Mike, thanks, I was unclear in my wording. I do know Red Cine can not conform or correct. I wanted to simply find the 2K selects after an off line, and import them into FCP /Color for finishing. Is there a way to use an offline edl from FCP or Avid, for import into RedCine to pull selects with handles?

Thanks, Film Joe

Return to posts index

Son of Light
on Jan 12, 2008 at 10:48:14 am

[Joe Huggins] "Is there a way to use an offline edl from FCP or Avid, for import into RedCine to pull selects with handles?"

Use Assimilate Scratch.

Scratch natively supports .r3d files and the Timecode and TapeID metadata within those files.

Because of this, a RED conform process is identical to a standard video-style conform using an EDL file from offline editorial.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jan 12, 2008 at 3:35:50 pm

[Joe Huggins] "I wanted to simply find the 2K selects after an off line, and import them into FCP /Color for finishing. Is there a way to use an offline edl from FCP or Avid, for import into RedCine to pull selects with handles"

couple of ways

you can pass the 2K as DPX off to FCP using Gluetools or the AJA DPX - QT converter then you are accessing the original DPX's. Then use the EDL output to conform the project where ever you like.

or Edit using the QT Ref files from RED that can access the the R3D files directly then in Scratch.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Jan 7, 2008 at 8:39:40 pm

[Mike Most] "What Red has stated will be added is pull list functionality, which will allow batch processing of all clips in a finished piece. Conforming functionality is not a part of that."

then you want the edl out of FCP not RedCine.

I would suggest that you create your DPX stacks as separate "Events" and then do a ref movie for every "event" that way FCP's edl will properly show the correct "needed" files

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows
Inside look at the IoHD

Return to posts index

Fiona Cairns
on Jun 3, 2008 at 4:05:26 pm

Hi

I'm going to be assisting on a RED feature that is being cut in AVID. I've been testing the workflow and seem to have got my head around it, but have run into a slight problem when testing the ease of going to online.

I exported an EDL using RED16 and it preserved the full clip name in the tape field. The DI company who are completing the online were able to find the raw footage easily however they say that when they extract full res clips through redcine it truncates the tape name.

ie A011 instead of A011_C010_901229

Is there anyway to create a second EDL with the tape name in this format?

Thanks

Fiona

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]