FORUMS: list search recent posts

converting r3d to mpeg 2

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ruddy Valdasario
converting r3d to mpeg 2
on Apr 28, 2011 at 7:01:29 am

So I have been shooting some footage with my red MX and I am having issues trying to figure out how to encode the files to mpeg 2 format for dvds. i have read about the sony vegas 9 software and wondering if that is the best route to go. tried to use compressor in Final cut pro and the quality wasn't good enough. what suggestions can anyone offer?

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: converting r3d to mpeg 2
on Apr 28, 2011 at 7:05:15 pm

Without knowing your settings and workflow, it's hard to tell. I get pretty decent quality from Compressor. For something better you may give Cinema Craft a try (even the cheap basic version).

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: converting r3d to mpeg 2
on May 2, 2011 at 1:29:35 am

Yeah like direct of from an editor or what? You're asking for a really complex workflow in a few sentences. More description of what you're trying to do and what this is for- an edit, dailies, etc. Going from R3D is MPEG2 is something you can write a whole book about... I did.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]