FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED discontinued support for Adobe CS4?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Lahat
RED discontinued support for Adobe CS4?
on Apr 16, 2011 at 2:00:02 am

I was able to find (almost) no information on this online, I guess I'm the only one still using CS4 (and CS3...).

Red's CS4 plug-in supports up to build 18, we're in build 30 now. Shots that I recently acquired (at 3200K) and imported are very yellow. If I set the color space to REDspace and push the blues to around 5.00 I get close to the look but there's still too much yellow (even with blue at 10.0).

All I can find is info about how CS5 supports the new color science. I get that, but hoped to get a finite answer if CS3/4 are useless for new footage, before I invest in alternative workflows.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: RED discontinued support for Adobe CS4?
on Apr 16, 2011 at 3:12:24 am

Invest.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: RED discontinued support for Adobe CS4?
on Apr 16, 2011 at 4:19:11 am

Yeah seriously- if this is not a hobby keeping up with the current version of your main editing software is part of the built-in cost of doing business. You can't expect manufacturers to continue to support outdated versions of software. Most of them haven't the time or the money to go back that far.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]