FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED Premiere Project Problems

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Korshis
RED Premiere Project Problems
on Mar 19, 2011 at 12:18:28 am

Hi guys,
Earlier this year I began editing a short film in Premiere CS5. We shot around 2hrs of footage on the RED which I loaded into Premiere without a problem. Editing also went really well.

The only problem being every time I opened the project it took around 20mins to load all the footage. At the time I researched the Premiere file bloating problem, which didn't seem to be the what was happening. I eventually put it down to my computer being a bit on the slow side and got on with the project, making sure to open the project then go away and have breakfast while it loaded.

The film is basically complete, just some minor tweeks to do. The strange thing is that during this week I had to reinstall my operating system (win7 64bit) and also CS5. With the fresh install complete I opened my film project file and it loaded the entire project in about 10 seconds flat!
I proceded to install the Premiere updates, restarted computer and unfortunently my project is back to taking 20mins to load.
Just wondering if this is a known bug or am I doing something wrong. It wont really affect this project because as I say its basically complete but am interested in anyones thoughts for future projects.
Cheers
Matt

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: RED Premiere Project Problems
on Mar 21, 2011 at 5:20:30 am

Describe your system. I suspect it's pretty much performance limited by your hardware.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Matt Korshis
on Mar 21, 2011 at 9:16:01 am

Hey Noah,
System is i7 860, 4GB DDR3, crappy old NVIDIA GFX Card, 2x 1TB Hard Drive in raid0 for project files, Win64 Ultimate, CS5.

Some people would say I probably shouldn't be editing on such low specs but it has actually gone all fine so far except for the project load times.

Was really just wondering because as I say it was only after installing Premiere updates that it slowed right down. Any thoughts would be fantastic.

Cheers
Matt

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Mar 21, 2011 at 8:01:57 pm

While you are a bit tight on RAM, you should be generally OK. The GPU has no importance for what you describe. But I've see similar issues in earlier versions. If they still exist now is unclear. Please check Adobe forums too, these things were not RED specific.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Matt Korshis
on Mar 23, 2011 at 12:18:05 am

Thanks,
Yea I will look to the adobe forums again. The most common reason discussed seems to be a file bloating problem in which the project file itself bloats(upward of 100mb!). This then causes considerable load time. My project file is only 9mb and seems to hang around the media load point slowly counting down the clips like it is processing every clip everytime.

Anyway off to adobe again for their thoughts,
Cheers for you input,

Matt

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]