FORUMS: list search recent posts

Upresing from M to H

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julie Antepli
Upresing from M to H
on Mar 4, 2011 at 8:47:39 pm

I just took over a project that was being cut directly from the RED QT files. There was no transcoding done, and now it's too late to start from scratch given the deadline...

I noticed that the edits were done with the "M" resolution files. How can I reconnect all the footage to "H" resolution once I have a locked cut? I figured out that I can do this one by one for all clips, but that would take a really long time...

I never dealt with this part of the process before, so I truly appreciate all your help and input!

Thank you!!

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Upresing from M to H
on Mar 4, 2011 at 10:16:07 pm

Julie,

The best way to reconnect from M to H is to use Apple Color. Once you use the send to color command you will actually be connecting to the F (full) resolution file.

You can then render from there back to 1920x1080P and from there either use Color for the final grade or deliver the Apple ro res files to a colorist for final grading.

David

Peace

Return to posts index

Julie Antepli
on Mar 4, 2011 at 10:32:06 pm

Thank you David!

Is there any other way to accomplish that without having to round-trip thru Color?

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Mar 4, 2011 at 11:06:15 pm

Yes Julie,

-You could manually relink the files.

-You could use a program called Clipfinder to roundtrip and XML and create a NEW FCP sequence based on the H proxies

fastest and easiest is to point each file to an H proxy instead of an M proxy unsing reconnect media command.

Depends on how many events. If it's a spot this is easy. A feature, not the right way to go.

David

Peace

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]