FORUMS: list search recent posts

QT wrapped R3d Files Choppy Playback

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Blake Bogosian
QT wrapped R3d Files Choppy Playback
on Feb 25, 2011 at 1:38:25 am

Long time reader first post

Through the log and transfer tool I transcoded my Build 16 footage to QT qrapped R3d files, cut the project colored and outputted no problem. Now two years later i wanna load that project back up. But now they QT's seem to be choking up on payback and this is the same speced machine i used two years prio to cut this project and I remember no such chopppyness.

Things that have changed of course is the new Quicktime APP and snow leopard. So when I play these clips indivially through QT 7 they playback fine but when I play them in FCP or in the new QT player I get choppy hell.

So any solutions out there. I've tried tracking down answers but no luck

thanks for your help

Blake Bogosian
Assistant Editor
San Francisco, CA

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: QT wrapped R3d Files Choppy Playback
on Feb 27, 2011 at 2:20:38 pm

Which resolution are you using? Even a MacPro won't play full quality without a RED Rocket. Are you playing from the same drive? Are you using the most current QT plus FCS plug-ins from RED?

QT wrapped R3D is not the best solution for editing. I'd rather work offline with transcoded ProRes.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Blake Bogosian
Re: QT wrapped R3d Files Choppy Playback
on Apr 22, 2011 at 7:08:30 pm

Hey Uli, So sorry i didn't realize that my question got posted, The resolution is the full 2k raster, but I remeber it playing back a lot smoother when I originally editied the film, but now my computer doen't seem to handle it as well. All my stuff is up to date. I know I am just gonna reencode proress now. Thanks for the reply!

Blake Bogosian
Assistant Editor
San Francisco, CA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]