FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image sequence cadence checker

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Garchow
Image sequence cadence checker
on Feb 23, 2011 at 6:44:35 pm

A Red project was recently handed to me on some hard drives. One day of my footage is plagued with both corrupt and dropped frames. Red Support has been totally great in getting me back up and running so I can at least salvage some of the shoot.

What I need to know is, is there some sort of utility or way to check an image sequence for missing frames and report those frame numbers back? I can see corrupt frames very well, but in a sea of 4000 frames/clip, missing one frame number can be daunting. I can't think of a clever way to check for this. Has anyone got a method?

I tried importing sequences in to AE. It tells me that there's x number of missing frames, but does not tell me which ones are missing.

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

John-Michael Trojan
Re: Image sequence cadence checker
on Feb 23, 2011 at 6:59:44 pm

If you have a smoke system you can navigate to the containing folder and it will show you what's missing by tying together the parts of the sequences that are complete.

The are options in Nuke to do something similar, and navigating to the folder in resolve will also display consistent sequences tied together. I believe all the major DI systems will do this as well (really any product that is engineered to work on image sequences should do this. AE is an exception, being built long before we were pushing around 2K dpx files!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 23, 2011 at 7:12:24 pm

Thanks J-M

Unfortunately, I don't have any of those systems at my disposal. I guess I should try (shudder) Motion.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Feb 23, 2011 at 7:17:46 pm

Well whattya know, Motion to the rescue:

Thanks for the response.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]