FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting 4.5K to Pro Res with ClipFinder

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pablo Espada
Converting 4.5K to Pro Res with ClipFinder
on Dec 20, 2010 at 9:18:19 pm

Hello - I need to edit a project that was shot on Red in 4.5K. Im using Final Cut 7 to edit and trying to convert the red files to Pro Res using clip finder - (converting to 1920x1080 aspect and maintaining 4.5K aspect with letterbox). I can successfully convert the files using clipfinder, except for that the clips all render out with a heavy yellow tone. The footage in shot in a studio against a white backdrop so I can't figure out why clip finder is rendering out with this yellow color. Please if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate it. I've been searching the net all day for solutions with out any luck.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Jon Nash
Re: Converting 4.5K to Pro Res with ClipFinder
on Dec 20, 2010 at 10:29:10 pm

I can answer part of your question.
The Yellow files you are seeing are probably because you do not have the latest codec for the quick time proxy files. You need to update your quicktime you may find a link on the red.com support site.
If you play the R3d files in Redcine x I am fairly confident you will be seeing the images without the yellow cast. I hope this helps a little.

Jon Nash Visuals
Red One Mysterium X owner operator based in Brighton Sussex- http://WWW.JONNASH.COM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]