FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rotating R3D files with REDCINE-X

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Elkins
Rotating R3D files with REDCINE-X
on Dec 16, 2010 at 1:15:58 pm

Hi All,

I'm working on a project where the finished images are being displayed on a 9x16 frame (i.e. a TV screen in portrait)

The files I'm working on were shot at 90 degrees so that they display the correct way up on the final output (by rotating the screen).

I have my post workflow sorted but for one small issue. The client wants to see low res files with BITC, with the files all rotated 90 degrees so they display correctly on their computer. I'm trying to do this with REDCINE-X but my rotation settings don't seem to be having any effect on the final renders. As you'll see from the screenshot below, they are displayed correctly in the Viewer. I've also posted a grab of the rendered file (h.264 mov)

REDCINE-X SETTINGS:

FINAL RENDER:

I can rotate the files using QuickTime 7 but doing this makes the BITC display at the wrong orientation.

I have a very long-winded solution for fixing this but can anyone point out any mistakes I've made with my settings in REDCINE-X??? I'd prefer to do it all in one go and use the Rocket to speed things up.

Many thanks,
Alex

Twitter: @postbluetv
http://www.PostBlue.tv
Shot on RED, Post on FCP/Color: Short Capoeira Film

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: Rotating R3D files with REDCINE-X
on Dec 16, 2010 at 10:54:26 pm

I don't know howe to make it work in RCX, but DaVinci Resolve should be able to handle this.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
Re: Rotating R3D files with REDCINE-X
on Dec 17, 2010 at 12:06:15 am

Thanks Uli,

I'm starting to wonder if it's a bug/unfinished option because I can't see a reason why such settings wouldn't transfer to the rendered file when they are displaying correctly in the timeline.

For now I'm going to bodge it together with FCP or Compressor as I don't have Resolve. It's a shame there's no rotation option in Compressor either (I thought there might be but I just checked and can't find it)

Thanks for your help.

Alex

Twitter: @postbluetv
http://www.PostBlue.tv
Shot on RED, Post on FCP/Color: Short Capoeira Film

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]