FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Rocket card does not work after upgrade

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
peszteres lászló
on Dec 12, 2010 at 6:05:38 pm

I've been using my Rocket Card for about a little more than 8 months without any problems. My Redrocket card does not work after upgrade, 1.3.3---to 1.3.5. I installed the RED_Rocket installer v1.3.5. Since the release of REDCINEX 351 sometimes when opening RCX351 the clips loaded into the bin cannot be view in the viewer. I would have to re-install the the latest version of the Rocket driver, then it would work just fine. That is until I shut down the system. Then I would have to start the whole process all over again. Today I started up the system and started RCX351. The first time, I had to re-install the Rocket driver and it works fine. Shut the system down, for about 6 hours came back and started up again. You guessed it, re-install the rocket driver again. Except this time the rocket card won't even show up in the Systems PCI card profile. Now I've tried just about everything imaginable, remove the card from the system, re-install all software, hardware, firmware. Nothing seems to work. All of a sudden the rocket card just won't show up in the system anymore.
Anyone have any Ideas of what could have caused this little incident? Is there quick fix? Or is it time to sent it back to RED?
I am running a MacPro 8 Core system
I have been working with the rocket card for almost everyday for the past six months. It has become a necessity for footage shot on the RED. Now I'll have to show up to work tomorrow, and tell the client that the Rocket card is on the fritz and cannot do the transcoding on set until the Rocket card is fixed.
Now that's not very Professional.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Red Rocket card does not work after upgrade
on Dec 13, 2010 at 3:13:38 am

I'd ask this directly to RED- this is a technical support/warranty issue- not really a technique question. Pick up the phone/email them.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]