FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP misinterpreting RED color

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mae Catt
FCP misinterpreting RED color
on Dec 11, 2010 at 2:42:46 am

Hey, everyone, this is the first time I've encountered this problem with the RED and fcp, but I suspect it may be because I'm cutting on a new tower.

Anyway, the problem is I've taken the footage, changed the rsx file to tweak the color and have transcoded using REDrushes all the footage accordingly with that rsx file. The resulting prores file looks great, and just how I intended with the rsx. Yet when I import those prores files into FCP they appear as they originally did, meaning without the color tweaking I did with the rsx file.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCP misinterpreting RED color
on Dec 11, 2010 at 3:30:27 am

Are you sure you actually rendered to ProRes and not just to the QT Proxies. That should take hours not seconds...

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Mae Catt
on Dec 11, 2010 at 7:59:36 am

Yes, I'm positive I did so, I didn't mean to make it seem like this happened in moments, it did take place over hours.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Dec 11, 2010 at 10:58:44 am

Plus, please observe that REDrushes is outdated and can't handle files recorded with current camera firmware.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 12, 2010 at 12:05:21 am

Yeah these days it's RED-Cine-X you want to be using.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]