FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working with RED files

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hartel
Working with RED files
on Nov 22, 2010 at 10:09:44 pm

Hey guys, help! (Obviously, or I wouldn't be here.)

I need to turn Red files into EXR files. And I need to be able to edit the clips down some - I can't send the whole clip.

Is there a way I can use Red Cine? Red Alert I guess won't work with the current cameras. How can I do this?

Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

PH

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Working with RED files
on Nov 23, 2010 at 2:07:10 am

Are you on a Mac or PC? RED Cine uses DPX. So if you had a program that supported DPX and EXR that would be the way to go.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Paul Hartel
on Nov 23, 2010 at 5:06:27 am

All we have in the way of programs for Red are the Red downloads available from them, at the website. So we've got Red Alert, and Red Cine, and maybe something else. We're on MACs. I need to be able to open up the files and then export a portion of it (the clip) as an EXR file for the VFX houses. We're kind of stumpted how to do this. We can convert the WHOLE file, but is there a way to edit it before conversion?

Thanks,

PH

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 23, 2010 at 6:36:47 am

Set ins and outs, then you can probably use the R3D Trim option in the export prefs first, then reexport the trimmed shots to EXR after that. The RedCine-X manual will sort of guide you through it.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Nov 23, 2010 at 8:40:02 am

And don't use REDAlert for any recent camera firmware, it's outdated.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Paul Hartel
on Nov 23, 2010 at 9:17:14 am

thanks. i'll try it tomorrow night, and hopefully it will work. i'll let you know. ph

Return to posts index

Graeme Nattress
on Nov 23, 2010 at 11:02:49 pm

Recent builds of REDCine-X include EXR support. REDCine-X also has trimming tools for clips. It should work great for your needs.

Graeme

- http://www.nattress.com - Film Effects and Standards Conversion for FCP

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]