FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red in CS5 export to quicktime

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adeeb oberoi
Red in CS5 export to quicktime
on Nov 20, 2010 at 4:23:56 pm

I have a problem exporting 4k raw to quicktime. I have like 30 clips of 4 secs each in RedCam raw (around 2 gigs each). The rendered quicktimes work fine but they are all like 50 to 60 gigs each.

I am working in CS5 on this.

What would be a solution? like a compressor or a different file format (needs to support alpha+) ? I chroma keyed all the footage and color corrected it as well.

So I was hoping to get quictime files around 3 gigs each, chromakeyed and color corrected quicktimes in 4k with alpha+. I am getting all of this except they are 60 gigs each. Needless to mention that I am running out of hard drive space.

Hope some one knows a solution to this. I choose quicktime uncompressed so as to get the best quality.

I am stuck with a deadline.

Regards,

Adeeb Oberoi

Return to posts index

adeeb oberoi
Re: Red in CS5 export to quicktime
on Nov 20, 2010 at 5:03:10 pm

Forgot to mention that I am working on an i7.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Nov 20, 2010 at 6:52:44 pm

Which codec are you using? Do you have Final Cut Pro on that machine too?

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

adeeb oberoi
on Nov 20, 2010 at 7:06:57 pm

Hi, No, I do not have final cut pro.

I just go to render que and select quicktime and use None compression. Then I get Huge 4k size quicktime, some even over 60 gigs for 15 seconds.

I need the quicktimes to continue editing so I still need quality.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Nov 20, 2010 at 11:14:43 pm

That's perfectly normal: 4K uncompressed is huge. Your only options are getting more space or a good codec. Cineform would help.
Or consider working in 2K. Most current movies are finished in 2k, and it's one quarter of the size.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

adeeb oberoi
on Nov 20, 2010 at 11:51:30 pm

Thanks, I am considering both. I am checking the cineform codec right now. I have to continue tonight and cant get another Hard Drive as its weekend.

Any other options like PNG or RPF? I need good quality but not 50 gigs for a 20 second clip. Dont mind if its close to 10 gigs.

Thanks for the help so far, at least I know I am not doing anything wrong and that this is normal.

Adeeb Oberoi

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Nov 21, 2010 at 7:42:11 pm

PNG doesn't help much with natural images. I don't know RPF (other than a French party).

JPEG at 75% quality isn't too bad, but your best option IMHO is going 2K.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]