R3d to Color workflow

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bruno Toré
R3d to Color workflow
on Nov 5, 2010 at 7:30:55 pm

After researching I chose to use the following workflow:

1. I have used the L&T window to transcode the footage to prores
2. I have cut using the ProRes files and export the timeline as an XML.
3. Open Clipfinder and select Tools->Run Conform on FCP XML File. Select the source XML (the one you just exported from FCP) and a destination XML (call it "ConformXML" or whatever you want). Enable "Replace Clips with " and select one of the proxy resolutions (I usually use H, but you can use whatever you want). Add the directory that is the master folder in which the original R3d files are located. Click OK and go back to FCP.
3. Import the Conform XML you just made and open the sequence. You should see a duplicate of the ProRes sequence, but with all of the clips being the "H" Red proxies instead of the ProRes files.

So far so good except I have a couple of questions at this stage, I have a couple different formats/Rez in this timeline, I have 4k Red, 2k Red (slowmos) and 5d apple prores transcode.
So when I open the conform XML I get diferent frame sizes. What is the best way to deal with this?
- should I use the H proxy and than scale the slowmos up to size
- should I reconnect to the F proxys instead and than scale down the 4 ks?
- OR AM I AN IDIOT and there is some other way and Im messing everything up

4. Send the sequence to Color.
5. Once you've opened it in Color and confirmed that everything is there, save the project.

So far so good again but my Version of Clipfinder doesent have the Fix Looping Bug option what is this about do I need to get the last clipfinder version?

6. Go back into Clipfinder and select Tools->Fix Looping Bug in Color Project, and select the Color project you just saved.
7. Go back into Color and reopen the project.

Thank you so much for you time

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]