FORUMS: list search recent posts

RocketCineX

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony DeRose
RocketCineX
on Oct 22, 2010 at 4:46:41 am

Do you need the red rocket card to use rocketcinex?

When I click rocketcinex a note pops up that redrocket is not detected. I press ok rocketcine opens, I am able to do everything, but when I got to export a file it just shuts down.

Also I notice the proxies are much darker than when I bring and set my spaces to redcolor and gamma in redcine. Same goes if I log and transfer red footage through fcp (its much darker then when I export a frame from redcine.)

http://www.anthonyderose.com

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: RocketCineX
on Oct 22, 2010 at 5:05:46 am

Yes.

Rocketcine X is meant to be used only with the RR installed.

Best to move to the REDCINE X software as this is the only post software being developed, updated and released by RED now.

David

Peace

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: RocketCineX
on Oct 23, 2010 at 1:41:03 am

And get a RedRocket- worth every penny. Essential piece of gear for anyone shooting RED IMHO.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Anthony DeRose
Re: ocketCineX
on Oct 23, 2010 at 2:26:32 am

Thanks. Just using redcinex may invest in redrocket if I shoot more with the camera. To this date I've shot with it three times.

But my second question are the proxies usually much darker? I look at my proxies and my blacks and mids are crushed also the same if I log and transfer. But if I am in redcine and exporting to pro res they look how I monitored then and how my exposure false color feel. My hostogram at times is to the left but thats because I'm shooting a single source type style with a halflit face but the lit side on the proxy looks too dark.

I ask because the director got upset when he saw them and I had to go though redcine and show the raw was fine and the export pro res.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: ocketCineX
on Oct 23, 2010 at 4:11:52 am

It's RAW so the Proxies will look like whatever you set in REDCineX. If you want them to match how you monitored on set- use the same gamma/color spaces and the same monitor if possible.

-Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]