FORUMS: list search recent posts

Segmented files not coming in propery with Log and Transfer

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Smith
Segmented files not coming in propery with Log and Transfer
on Oct 15, 2010 at 5:05:38 pm

Using the latest FC Studio plug in from RED. FCP7 Trying to bring if footage and finding that some files come in fine and other files do not transcode all the way. ie it seems that L&T chokes when it get to say the 4th segment of a clip and does not transcode it so takes are getting cut off. If I check the red proxy I can see the whole clip play down. If I try and retranscode the same clip in again, sometimes its shorter sometime longer. Trashed the prefs and still having this issue. Is there something wrong with the R3D file?

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Segmented files not coming in propery with Log and Transfer
on Oct 16, 2010 at 10:27:48 pm

You might want to try opening RCX and regenerating your QT proxies.

Then test one of the long clips.

Also, entering a RED support ticket is a good idea.

David

Peace

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Oct 17, 2010 at 1:21:36 pm

David - Thanks for posting. I did not realize I could try and get support from RED, will def give that a shot. The odd thing is that I can bring the files in fine with my iMac. Much slower transcode, however all the clips come in fine. The problem I am having is with my tower. (tried the iMac after the post) Even tried booting up into both my SL OS drive and the Leopard OS drive and have the same issue on the tower. I wonder if there is some kind of hardware problem with the tower?

Thanks - Chad

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Oct 17, 2010 at 2:45:48 pm

Could it be a problem with a file path?
Some RED software doesn't like funny characters, I tend to restrict names to straight ASCII.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Chad Smith
on Oct 18, 2010 at 3:37:22 am

Seems like I had a little ghost in the machine. I pulled all the RAM today and put it back in after running the hardware test on all ram. Now L&T brought in the last days footage without hick ups.

Thanks All
-Chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]