FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red footage in CS5 (ae)

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adeeb oberoi
Red footage in CS5 (ae)
on Oct 14, 2010 at 2:32:04 pm

We are editing raw 4k footage in CS5 AE at 720p. We are doing some digital zooming which is going good. Plan to color correct & grade only the clips we actually use. Would like to do this in AE as well.

It is the first time I am editing R3D footage.

Just wondering if there are any tips. What are the best settings.

also the settings in interpret footage, can these be left the way it comes in or what are the best settings?

We plan to export in Quicktime with no compression.

Best regards,

Adeeb Oberoi

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: Red footage in CS5 (ae)
on Oct 14, 2010 at 5:08:24 pm

Editing in a compositing program sounds a bit strange to me, I'd rather use Premiere Pro.

Since you are working with R3D footage, any output format you choose is good. What's your final delivery?

I don't want to sound rude, but I think you are missing very basic information about RED. Please consider the book by Noah Kadner.

Regards,

Uli

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

adeeb oberoi
on Oct 14, 2010 at 11:46:35 pm

Thank you for the reply. We choose AE because there are only some simple cuts to be done in this project. Most of the work is effects and 3d re-compositing from other applications.

It is correct that this is the first time working with red footage. All is actually working very well.

We are working on an i7 with 12 gigs of ram so everything works fine, also the raw files open without any problem.

There is little information available about AE cs5 and Red footage on the net. Only one tut on youtube but that is for CS4.

Everything looks great, just wanted to know that if once you import the footage are there any settings to be changed? I found the raw settings in the interpret footage window.

I need to deliver in like 5 days so I am kind of on a deadline.

Final will be a quicktime (not compressed 720p at 29.97). From that an NTSC version will be converted.

Any information or details about AE CS5 and red raw footage is welcome.

Best regards,

Adeeb Oberoi
Carib Media Productions
CURACAO

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Oct 15, 2010 at 7:27:47 am

Actually, there's not much you need to know if your footage looks good. Just make sure to protect your highlights in the RAW settings, since you can't get super-white into AE. If you need the look, you can always pull it later – a 32-bit space is very forgiving.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
on Oct 17, 2010 at 6:58:19 am

read the red section which has very important information about AE's handling and interpretation rules. MUST READ!!!

http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2009/05/after-effects-902-update-red-r.h...

http://technicolorsoftware.hostzi.com/

Return to posts index

adeeb oberoi
on Oct 18, 2010 at 7:35:09 pm

Thanks very much for the response, thing is that the link is for information about CS4 (32bts). We are using CS5 (64bits windows 7).

CS4 After Effects 9.02 still needed a pluggin. CS5 does not need any plugin.

Any information about Red in CS5 AE is very welcome.

Editing is going great by the way, CS5 is great.

Regards,

Adeeb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]