FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoded Red Files turn green with log and transfer redcode plug in

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Tingle
Transcoded Red Files turn green with log and transfer redcode plug in
on Oct 6, 2010 at 6:06:28 pm

I've been transcoding a large amount of footage for a job and I'm using the log and transfer function in FCP studio 3. A lot of the footage was shot at 3k 2:1 @ 50 and 60 FPS. For the most part it's working out pretty well but for the last day and half some of the files on the longer clips have been showing up green almost like the color of chroma key green. The Log and transfer window gives me the blue dot on the left to let me know what has been transcoded and I'm going through the clips again double checking some of the reels. Some of the clips that use to show up in log and transfer with video in the little reference window now show as black and the logging window displays only green instead of footage. I've gone to the file level on the hard drive and checked the proxies and the video appears fine on the different sized proxies for all the clips in question.. If any one uses the apple workflow and has experienced this before some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: Transcoded Red Files turn green with log and transfer redcode plug in
on Oct 6, 2010 at 6:15:09 pm

Those clips might be corrupt.

You should try to open them in RCX. If they do not open then perhaps you can try to make sure all of your QT software, etc is up-to-date.

David

Peace

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
on Oct 6, 2010 at 6:31:49 pm

I'll give it a shot.. what's puzzling to me though is that the Red Files playback fine in the log and transfer window before I transcode them.. and it only seems to happen on really large clips.. meaning anything over 3 minutes long.

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Oct 6, 2010 at 6:45:58 pm

Another option would be to use RCX as a way to recreate the QT wrappers for those clips. It might have a problem seeing the spanned r3d file.

David

Peace

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
on Oct 6, 2010 at 6:47:59 pm

I'll give that a shot along with the red rushes software

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Oct 7, 2010 at 3:15:59 am

Remember that REDRushes only works with PRE BUILD 21 software.

David

Peace

Return to posts index

Jonathan Hensley
on Nov 28, 2010 at 5:39:10 am

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am having the exact same problem right now (http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1110628#1112212) and, after three weeks, still haven't quite figured out what to do.

Did you ever get yours to work?

Return to posts index

Swaroop Reghu
on Feb 13, 2013 at 8:55:43 am

Same here...Have you found any solutions yet??

Return to posts index

Jonathan Hensley
on Feb 17, 2013 at 8:34:17 am

Hey. Thanks to all who responded. There seems to be no real solution. The problem really should be caught by the camera operator. The problem is basically a horrid drop frame issue. There is actually a sensor on the RED Camera that says "DROP". If you are editing a project shot on RED, make sure your cam op know about this. Then, if the sensor ever says anything other than 0, eject the card and format it immediately.

In our case, I basically made ins and outs around the dropped frames and exported to a ProRes 4444, but so much media ended up being corrupted we just cut the scene.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]