FORUMS: list search recent posts

red raw & ISO setting

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aaron martinez
red raw & ISO setting
on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:41:01 pm

Hallo,

i have a question concerning red raw files and the iso...

is there any possibility to "adjust" the ISO setting in the red raw file?

Using FCP i have begun an edit using the red raw files. i drug in all the red raw files then put my edit together with the "H" files. some shots were shot with a low ISO. i would like to adjust the iso setting on the file but i do not want to render the files. it is just to show the edit, which is far from final, and get some feedback.

is it possible to adjust the ISO setting, in for example redcine or another program, without having to render new files...

just wondering...

thanks.
aaron

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: red raw & ISO setting
on Oct 5, 2010 at 3:54:46 pm

Unfortunately, FCP can only use the older look files from REDAlert (.RLX), not the newer ones from REDCine-X (.RMD). So, if REDAlert is good enough for you, change the ISO there (for one clip), save the look and use that look when importing into FCP (under the settings in the L&T window). The looks are normally stored under /Library/Application Support/REDAlert/Presets .

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

aaron martinez
on Oct 9, 2010 at 12:25:14 pm

ok, so im a little confused...

i drug in my footage, and by that i mean all the R3D files as they were in the finder hierarchy. for example all the material from the first day of shooting was saved in a folder with the date Sept.09.2010, inside this folder was all the data from the cards, 1-15 cards, and inside each card folder is the shoots, inside the shots is the R3D file with the QT files.

i have edited with the "H" files.

when i am finished with the edit i would like to do color correction with COLOR.

what i find to be a little weird now is the Frame size of the footage...

the "H" files are 2048x1024, i was expecting the "F" files to be larger(4096x2048). but in FCp they appear the same size as the "H" file.

my question is, when i am ready to finish the film. how would i relink the "H" files to the "F" files? or is this somehow automatic when i send the xml to COLOR? or am i totally off here?

i was hoping to edit with the "H" files, relink to the "F" files, then export to COLOR, grade and render out prores 444.

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Oct 9, 2010 at 1:48:00 pm

[aaron martinez] "my question is, when i am ready to finish the film. how would i relink the "H" files to the "F" files? or is this somehow automatic when i send the xml to COLOR? or am i totally off here?"

When you have exported the H files to a Color sequence you are now, In fact, accessing all of the r3d media and the full resolution of the r3d file. All you have to do is change your EXPORT frame size in the the COLOR project to decide what frame size youwant to finsih too. Typically for an HD finish you set this to 1920x1080 to make the file ready for HD tape or digital media file creation.

If you are finsihing to film then you can work in that color space and a 2K frame size. COlor has all of teh presets you need.

You may have to rest the GEOMETRY on all of the shots, but as soon as you send and F< H, M or P file to Color, COlor sees the FULL R3D data, it does not look at the proxy.

David

Peace

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]