FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED Conform

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason McKee
RED Conform
on Sep 30, 2010 at 6:55:59 pm

So we just finished a film that was shot on the RED and edited in Avid. I am preparing the VFX plates for another house and they requested the R3D files used in the VFX. The hitch is they only want the footage used and not the entire take of each shot. They sent me an Avid bin and everything relinked fine. So I made an EDL of each sequence. I brought the EDL into Monkey Extract ( http://www.rubbermonkeysoftware.com/ ) and am trying to do it this way, using the "COPY" feature. But it is grabbing the entire shot and not just what's in the EDL. I have the option "COPY ONLY THE FOOTAGE USED IN AN EDL OR XML FILE" checked. My EDL is good and has the correct In's and Out's. Is this possible to do in this program or maybe another? They do not want it rendered into something else like .DPX, etc. So that's not an option (hopefully). Thanks in advance.
-jm

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
Re: RED Conform
on Oct 1, 2010 at 8:25:11 am

Monkey Extract cannot trim R3D. That would require an R3D coder but Red supplies only decoder I believe. Check The Foundry Storm and the latest RedCineX for this ability.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]