FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Output of ProRes 4444

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Bauwens
Final Output of ProRes 4444
on Sep 20, 2010 at 4:30:09 pm

So I already put this in the Final Cut forum, but got no reply, hopefully you guys can help me out.

So I am at the end of an edited project, and I was hoping for some help with my final delivery. I ingested 4K Redcode .R3D files, transcoded to 2K ProRes 4444 files. I sent these files to Color and now that our colorist is finished, he sent me the Color file back. Our producer wants the final delivery in 2K and to be better then ProRes. Our delivery is going to be both a 35mm film print (which I am making a DPX file for) and a digital file. What is the best path for the digital file?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Final Output of ProRes 4444
on Sep 20, 2010 at 10:07:56 pm

What do you mean? 2K DPX out of Color is fine for a film output- especially if the film recording lab gives you their LUT. Was there something else you were thinking?

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

John Bauwens
on Sep 21, 2010 at 1:45:21 am

Yes, the idea is the producer wants to be prepared to also show the file through digital projectors. I believe DPX files are only for film prints. So what would be the best file type for digital delivery?

Thanks a ton for the help.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 21, 2010 at 2:57:56 pm

You mean in addition to the digital DPX files you are delivering for the film print? I'd typically go ProRes HQ or 10-bit Uncompressed.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
on Oct 6, 2010 at 7:37:31 pm

[John Bauwens] "Our producer wants the final delivery in 2K and to be better then ProRes."

Go uncompressed.. depending on the length of the project it could take you a while to export but it will be well worth it.

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]