FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transcoding RED

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuel Smith
Transcoding RED
on Sep 14, 2010 at 11:36:33 pm

Hi,

I am transcoding some RED footage to Apple Pro Res LT 1920x1080 using REDCINE-X. For some reason when I am importing the transcoded footage into Final Cut I get a window popping up saying that the footage is not optomized for FCP. Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone know whats going on?

/sam

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Transcoding RED
on Sep 15, 2010 at 6:09:14 pm

Could be the data rate, resolution, or aspect ratio. It's just reporting that it will not be best at Real-Time playback/filters, etc. It does indicate an issue with your export settings. Check them carefully to make sure you're not creating a non-standard clip. Proper 1920x1080 ProRes clips at frame rates like 23.98, 29,97, etc should not exhibit these issues.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Mike Zimbard
Re: Transcoding RED
on Sep 15, 2010 at 9:03:38 pm

I have occasionally seen this error as a permissions related issue. Any chance you transcoded the media on one system and are trying an import to another FCP suite? I would double check the permissions of the clip you have read/write access. Might be something as simple as that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]