FORUMS: list search recent posts

RED Viewing MX SENSOR

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Sylvester
RED Viewing MX SENSOR
on Aug 31, 2010 at 12:34:42 am

What is the best viewing know when shooting red? With the M Sensor I always view in REC709 and double check my RAW view. Now that REC is gone is RedColor the best to view in (also the metadata stuff).

AND with redrushes I'd have my gamma rec709 and my color red space. What is the best now?

Redcolor - for color?
and
Redgama - for gamma?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: RED Viewing MX SENSOR
on Sep 1, 2010 at 4:58:25 am

1- depends what you shot with. 2- depends where you're going with the footage. For example REC709 is for broadcast.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Graeme Nattress
on Sep 2, 2010 at 3:20:06 pm

REDColor / REDGamma are the new defaults for a reason. They show the image in a very reasonable way that is compatible with a REC709. You should be using REDCine-X with M-X footage as REDAlert! and REDRushes have been deprecated and do not support the M-X sensor.

Graeme

- http://www.nattress.com - Film Effects and Standards Conversion for FCP

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Sep 2, 2010 at 4:58:49 pm

Ohh, deprecated- love that word. Someone has been studying their Xcode. :)

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Mike Sylvester
on Sep 2, 2010 at 7:32:36 pm

Thank you clears a lot up.

Just to clear one thing up. Used to be viewing options on a monitor was Rec709, Redspace, and RAW. I would use Rec then double check the RAW as the director or client would think it looked to flat. Now the one to monitor in is RedColor for a image that please the director or client and gives a good example of what information your capturing.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Graeme Nattress
on Sep 2, 2010 at 7:47:35 pm

Yes, the REDColor setting works just like you describe. There's still RAW there for a quick check, or you can flick on the RAW false colour exposure meter (purple and red) that shows clipping in the raw no matter what the ISO.

Graeme

Return to posts index

Mike Sylvester
on Sep 3, 2010 at 1:49:42 am

Thank you! Sorry one last question I am shooting with the new mx soon I do have a test day so most of these questions will be answered. What should my flut settings be at -4 to 4?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Graeme Nattress
on Sep 3, 2010 at 2:17:25 am

FLUT setting is fine control over ISO. I'd use it as such and if necessary, and more likely in post than in camera. It's in camera for completeness, but makes most sense to use ISO in camera.

Graeme

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]