FORUMS: list search recent posts

What's the best way to add pulldown?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Coleman
What's the best way to add pulldown?
on Aug 26, 2010 at 11:33:56 pm

Original 4K files need to go to ProRes HQ 1920x1080i with pulldown. How do I get there?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: What's the best way to add pulldown?
on Aug 27, 2010 at 1:17:26 am

Just outta curiosity why? Most 1080p formats natively support 24p. That said, any AJA Kona or BMD card that connects to an HD deck can add pulldown.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

Jeff Coleman
on Aug 27, 2010 at 1:39:38 am

[Noah Kadner] "why? Most 1080p formats natively support 24p. That said, any AJA Kona or BMD card that connects to an HD deck can add pulldown"

Why? The project has mixed 24p (23.98), 30p (29.97), and 60i (59.94) and the editor wants everything at a common rate, so he's chosen to capture 24p hdcam with pulldown.

Card?
I've got to get the 24p RED footage to a movie file with pulldown to match. I was hoping I didn't have to convert it all to ProRes then put it all out to tape and then capture it back again. Seems like quite a redundant process.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Aug 27, 2010 at 4:15:05 am

Gah- why do folks shoot themselves in the foot like this with incompatible frame rates? You'll get a much better final project if everything is converted to 24p instead.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Canon 5D Mark II and 7D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]