FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dark ProRes from Log and Transfer

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Hill
Dark ProRes from Log and Transfer
on Aug 1, 2010 at 4:41:38 pm

Sorry if this question is very basic or has been answered before...i did a search and had a hard time finding anything.

On FCP 6 and doing a log and transfer with RED footage. Using my MBP so just going to pro res not HQ. The resulting QT files are very dark. They seem to be a few stops under. I look at the proxies and they look great.

Is there a setting I'm using to have a such a change in what seems to be the gamma? i tried toggling the QT preference in relation to gamma. no change.

the shift can actually be seen in the log and transfer window.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Dark ProRes from Log and Transfer
on Aug 2, 2010 at 7:17:03 am

Which gamma settings did you use during the shoot, vs. which one did you pick in FCP. What you see in FCP is just a 'print' of the footage- the original is raw.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Michael Hill
Re: Dark ProRes from Log and Transfer
on Aug 2, 2010 at 3:57:57 pm

Thanks Noah. I do not know what the gamma settings were on set. I also do not know where i can check or change the gamma settings in FCP.

Funny enough, I decided to install snow lepard on my machine. The QT pro res files now look great in QT. However, when brought into FCP they still look way dark. I guess this is a setting in FCP. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]