FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red Rendering these days

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John-Michael Trojan
Red Rendering these days
on Jul 15, 2010 at 4:41:17 pm

looking for confirmation on a few assumptions (trying to save myself from the endless reduser posts, so thank you in advance).

1. RedCine-x w/ Rocket supports the latest color science.

2. RedCine-x is leverageing redline for all rendering at this point, including on a rocket.

3. RedLine is now functional (I will always expect a few bugs...)

4. clipfinder and monkey extract now support the latest redline for batch rendering.

5. clipfinder can support EDL in to out rendering

6. Clipfinder can leverage redline on a rocket.

7. If no to 4,5&6 it doesn't matter as you can use the send to redcine-x option and render the selected in-to-outs via redcine-x on the rocket.

8. monkey extract can leverage redline on a rocket. (this one is important if no to #5)

9. If nothing else, someone somewhere has a LUA script to bring an EDL into redcine-x...

thanks again in advance.

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
Re: Red Rendering these days
on Jul 15, 2010 at 4:56:32 pm

Hi John-Michael,

[John-Michael Trojan] "9. If nothing else, someone somewhere has a LUA script to bring an EDL into redcine-x..."

I haven't tested this yet but I'm sure someone here can confirm whether it works as advertised...
http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42478

Good luck,
Alex

Salad Daze Films - Freshly Tossed
Check out my latest addition to the Creative Cow Reels Section

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Jul 15, 2010 at 6:58:19 pm

[John-Michael Trojan] "1. RedCine-x w/ Rocket supports the latest color science.

YES.

2. RedCine-x is leverageing redline for all rendering at this point, including on a rocket.

YES to REDLINE but not as optimized as RedRushes. Rocket handles all RENDERING in RT or better in some cases.

3. RedLine is now functional (I will always expect a few bugs...)

Getting better all the time, but yes. functioning.

4. clipfinder and monkey extract now support the latest redline for batch rendering.

No on clipfinder as there have been some recent bugs... Can not say for MOnkey extract.

5. clipfinder can support EDL in to out rendering

Yes. XML might be a better way to go and you can do this by sending to RC-X for the render.

6. Clipfinder can leverage redline on a rocket.

Yes, through a send to RCX command.

7. If no to 4,5&6 it doesn't matter as you can use the send to redcine-x option and render the selected in-to-outs via redcine-x on the rocket.

8. monkey extract can leverage redline on a rocket. (this one is important if no to #5)

Can not say, but I do not think so.

9. If nothing else, someone somewhere has a LUA script to bring an EDL into redcine-x...

CLIPFINDER can do this.
"

Peace

Return to posts index

John-Michael Trojan
on Jul 15, 2010 at 8:25:39 pm

Thank You so much for the answers.

I also thought to just check the rubber monkey page. It looks like the latest release there is still a beta version from oct '09. shame.

Looks like I'll be switching to the clipfinder/redcine-x workflow from a rushes/extract workflow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]