FORUMS: list search recent posts

Made a preset in Redalerts....

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tarik Sykes
Made a preset in Redalerts....
on Jul 7, 2010 at 12:00:47 am

Log and transfer in FCP. So now I'm gonna edit! I can then use the Clipfinder workflow out of FCP, XML- Clipfinder-Back to FCP- then to color???? Or do I have to start in Clipfinder to transcode then editin FCP?

Oh this is my first time working with R3D Footy. I just want to be clear on this. Thanks for the help and the time out to help me!

Make Vids. :) All Day and All Night

Billet Video Studios(my production company)
theWEBcentric (Freelance Video work)
Sole Collector (SOLECOLLECTOR.COM)
I love Nike Shoes

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Made a preset in Redalerts....
on Jul 7, 2010 at 1:14:16 am

depends where you intend to finish- i.e. 1080p video or film. that and about a million other things...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Tarik Sykes
on Jul 7, 2010 at 1:22:07 am

It is a Spec commercial, so 1080 is fine. Didn't know it was gonna be this time consuming to get the footy ready to edit. But it is fun learning new tech and processes!

I love Nike Shoes

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Jul 7, 2010 at 11:55:49 am

Yes.

If you already used L & T you can still use the Clipfinder workflow.

David

Peace

Return to posts index

Tarik Sykes
on Jul 7, 2010 at 1:10:26 pm

Thank you David! I'm still tryin to get a understanding of this workflow. I just feel there should be some more just to the point workflow post. It is to many diff ones that just make me feel I'm not doin it right! LOL

I love Nike Shoes

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 7, 2010 at 5:43:22 pm

Well if you're finishing in 1080p and this is your first time with RED- i.e. you don't know much about the RAW workflow there's nothing wrong with L&T to 1080p ProRes and go with a standard sort of ProRes finish in Color from there. Mucking around with Clipfinder and R3D is more useful when you have a film output lurking in the finish or you really need to fix footage or you are really into it and know what you're doing because it can be a lot more work.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.

Return to posts index

Tarik Sykes
on Jul 7, 2010 at 7:47:58 pm

Thanks Noah. This is my first time like I said working with R3d. That is why I came here to ask questions. I just want to edit it in most simplest way possible. I want to get it in FCP 1920x1080. I have it in FCP but @ the hugh res size 3072x1728<< not right is it?! How do I change the size in L&T?

I love Nike Shoes

Return to posts index

Tarik Sykes
on Jul 7, 2010 at 9:30:18 pm

So once I loged and caputured the footage which is 3k, it doesn't down size to 1920x1080? Did I do something wrong or do I just output to 1080p? Once I did this my RT drop down isn't giving me any options either

I love Nike Shoes

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 7, 2010 at 11:19:40 pm

ah if it's 3K that's not always a direct scaledown to 1920x1080. I always recommend shooting in the 4K HD format on the RED because it scales down to 1920x1080 exactly and the 3K modes aren't nearly as well supported. So you may have to do this elsewhere such as Clipfinder, REDLine or RedCineX to get your 1080p ProRes clips if log and transfer isn't cutting it. Are you sure you're selecting ProRes and not native from the L&T options?

Noah

Return to posts index

Tarik Sykes
on Jul 8, 2010 at 3:10:05 am

Yea I did it twice with a few clips instead of the whole batch! So use clipfinder and scale it down 1080p? Thanks for the help sir!

I love Nike Shoes

Return to posts index

Tarik Sykes
on Jul 8, 2010 at 5:34:56 am

Ok, so I just ran them thru Clipfinder and scaled them down to 1920x1080p in proress so now the 5D/7D shots will fit in there just nice! Thanks for the help to help me understand a lil more!

I love Nike Shoes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]