FORUMS: list search recent posts

black frames in between shots

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carolina Amorim
black frames in between shots
on Jul 4, 2010 at 12:47:58 am

Hi,

hopefully someone can help me with my problem.

There are black frames in between shots in my RED online. There are no dissolves, fades or black frames in the time line. I am using FCP 7

Thank you!

Return to posts index

David Battistella
Re: black frames in between shots
on Jul 4, 2010 at 2:41:39 pm

I do not think this is ED speicific but I have seen this when changing sequence timing from 29.97 in the offline to 23.98 in the online.

This also often heppens if the sequence was copy pasted into a new sequence.

Best to go back to the offline sequence to determine where/what is going wrong.

David

Peace

Return to posts index

Stuart Ferreyra
Re: black frames in between shots
on Jul 6, 2010 at 2:26:45 pm

I have had the black frames issues with footage shot, edited and graded in 29.97. The problem usually happens with 1080i material but not with 525i. Anything in 23.98 works fine. The black frames only appear when doing the round trip from Color to FCP. It happens randomly through out a sequence and they are only 2 black frames at the end of edits. In a sequence about 45min long with 1500 edits (TV) we probably encounter 15 - 25 of these two black frames.

The weird part is that just last week we decided to do renders in another system with the same exact configuration. The only difference is a 2010 Mac as opposed to a 2008. The black frames never appeared in the 2010. We were under a super-tight deadline so I didn't want to start looking into it then but this week I will.

One thing that comes to mind is maybe there is a piece of software that the 2010 does not have that it is in the 2008. Other than that I am clueless. If that is not the problem, I'll be very surprised if the difference ends up being how old or new the Macpro is.

Stuart Ferreyra
Timecode Multimedia
Colorist / Post Supervisor
West Los Angeles, CA

- Now Posting: 'Private Chefs of Beverly Hills' - Fridays 10PM on the Food Network
- Visit our studio's website.
- Follow us on Facebook. Become a fan!
- Duplication, Mastering and Teranex Conversions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]