FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP Ingested Red files still 4k and 3k

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Henderson
FCP Ingested Red files still 4k and 3k
on Jun 28, 2010 at 4:33:43 pm

Hi there,

I have my log and transfer preferences set to ingest as Pro Res (LT) for offline editing but when the files have been ingested there are some that have downsized to 2k but many are still at there 3K or 4K size. I have triple checked my settings to make sure everything is fine but cannot change it. My understanding is that it's meant to come in as 2k files.

Any information would be a huge help.
Thanks
Matt

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FCP Ingested Red files still 4k and 3k
on Jun 28, 2010 at 6:59:54 pm

Post a screen shot of your sequence and bin settings- Shift apple 3.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Matt Henderson
on Jun 29, 2010 at 11:38:58 am

Hi Noah, i actually got the 4k ingesting to 2k somehow now and also after a lot of reading realised that the 3K stays 3K. Just need to think of a good way to work with them now without having to render in the 2k sequence.

Unfortunately if i convert them in Clipfinder, they aren't recognised once i media manage my sequence in FCP. I also have one Red Card that only comes up as green in the L&T window, damn annoying.

Anyway, if you have any tips as to the 3K workflow it would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Matt

Return to posts index

Matt Henderson
on Jun 29, 2010 at 1:59:37 pm

In regards to the card showing as green previews (and of course capturing it green) i reverted back to the previous v1.0.0 and now it sees them alright. Strange it's like that when it worked with the 10 other cards.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]