FORUMS: list search recent posts

Monkey Extract

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michelle Eastwood
Monkey Extract
on Jun 21, 2010 at 8:56:17 pm

Hello.

I have lots of footage on various different hard-drives and I need a programme I can use an edl with to find the footage and then copy it onto a new hard drive, then, when I plug the next hard-drive in, move onto that and find and copy the relevant files. Does anyone know if Monkey Extract can do this?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Monkey Extract
on Jun 21, 2010 at 11:41:38 pm

Clipfinder would also be a choice, depending on how exactly you want the new footage to be setup.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Learn DSLR Cinematography.

Return to posts index

Michelle Eastwood
on Jun 27, 2010 at 5:02:41 pm

Thanks very much Noah. We've sorted it - ended up getting a colleague to write a special script.

Return to posts index

John-Michael Trojan
on Jun 22, 2010 at 5:11:22 pm

Mount all your drives at the same time and create aliases for all the drives on one of the drives. Then point Monkey Extract to the drive with the aliases and it will find/move them all to the location you'd like.

I.E. If you have 2 drives, plug in drive 1 & 2 (daisy chain if needed, although I try to use the bus on the front of the machine as well as the back for better speeds, rather than a single long daisy chain). Then create an alias for drive 2 on drive 1. Then point monkey extract to drive one to look for your source files.

Alternatively - you can just run monkey on each drive individually and it will copy the files it finds and move them.

John-Michael Trojan
Philadelphia, PA

Return to posts index

Michelle Eastwood
on Jun 27, 2010 at 5:20:11 pm

Thanks very much John!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]