Color + RED

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paolo Martini
Color + RED
on Apr 23, 2010 at 11:53:51 am

Hi everybody.

First job on RED. First problem. ;)

i am having problem exporting RED footage from AE to go to Apple Pro 4:2:2 on FC for editing.
The guys converted the RED footage to Pro Res from RedRush, they don't know what color and gamma curve (i suppose Redspace?).

So I decided to do my stuff (simple small effects)on AE using workspace "none", 32bit, "linear light" off gamma Redspace and color Redspace.

I rendered out but it came much darker than the Pro Res they have.
They are going on HD.

So later I tried different color spaces (Rec.709 i.e.) to interpret the footage and to work on the comp.
But it doens't seem to work.

i think it's their fault, since they exported in a wrong format (Redspace???).

Please don't insult me. They really don't know what thery are doing with color space, but right now I am in hurry to solve their problem?

What should I do to export in the proper way?

Return to posts index

Ross Tokach
Re: Color + RED
on May 11, 2010 at 8:38:45 pm

If I had to guess I would say that part of your problem is the render out. You need to export it as uncompressed footage from your lab, then import it into a multipass rendering software like compressor or media encoder. If you used your editing software, it is more than likely a single pass which will be dimmer than the true color.

R3D is all designed to use the metadata on import, there should never be a reason for color fluctuation-except monitors.

"Oop, I think my render is done!"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]