FORUMS: list search recent posts

Red transcodes repeating first few frames

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Kasey
Red transcodes repeating first few frames
on Apr 22, 2010 at 7:31:09 pm

I'm transcoding Red files through REDrushes and I'm having a consistent problem: the transcoded files only take the first maybe 10-15 frames of the file, and loop for the entire duration of the clip. The audio of the file plays out fine, but the video is like that the entire way. Looking at the Red files themselves, they look fine.

I've also tried importing through Final Cut in the Log and Transfer option, and the files get similarly corrupted, or I get a solid green color on my video.

Any ideas??? It only happens on some of the clips i've transcoded, but enough so that its a problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Red transcodes repeating first few frames
on Apr 22, 2010 at 7:51:51 pm

Is it possible they are clips that span between two memory cards and you're mistakenly transferring the second half of a clip?

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Matthew Kasey
on Apr 22, 2010 at 7:58:05 pm

To be honest, i'm not sure what you mean. These are all individual clips. At some point in the video however, it just starts looping 5 frams or so over and over

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 22, 2010 at 8:28:34 pm

Was the camera shooting to CF Cards or a hard drive. A spanned clip is a clip that started recording on one memory card, which filled up during the shot and automatically switched to the second memory card.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Matthew Kasey
on Apr 22, 2010 at 8:30:20 pm

I'm not sure what it was shot and recorded onto. But i'm reading off of a hard drive. I don't think its a spanned clip.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 22, 2010 at 9:45:22 pm

No it wouldn't be. Could mean data corruption though. Try the Red Undead utility on red.com/support

Noah

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Apr 23, 2010 at 6:56:19 am

Where did you find the second slot for a CF card on your R1, Noah? Or are you secretly beta testing Epic already?

The problem with spanned clips happens on both CF or disk, since RED is using FAT32, but it's known in Color only.

Matthew, can you try and make new QuickTimes with RA or Clipfinder? It might help.

Regards,

Uli

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 23, 2010 at 3:37:40 pm

Ooops- did I say something I shouldn't have? Disregard. :) :)

Noah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]