Problem

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paolo Martini
Problem
on Apr 22, 2010 at 5:49:59 pm

Hi everybody.

First job on RED. First problem. ;)

i am having problem exporting RED footage from AE to go to Apple Pro 4:2:2 on FC for editing.
The guys converted the RED footage to Pro Res from RedRush, they don't know what color and gamma curve (i suppose Redspace?).

So I decided to do my stuff (simple small effects)on AE using workspace "none", 32bit, "linear light" off gamma Redspace and color Redspace.

I rendered out but it came much darker than the Pro Res they have.
They are going on HD.

So later I tried different color spaces (Rec.709 i.e.) to interpret the footage and to work on the comp.
But it doens't seem to work.

i think it's their fault, since they exported in a wrong format (Redspace???).

Please don't insult me. They really don't know what thery are doing with color space, but right now I am in hurry to solve their problem?

What should I do to export in the proper way?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Problem
on Apr 22, 2010 at 7:51:13 pm

Can you get your shots transferred again in REC709- that would help a lot. That or just add a bit of brightness in AFX so things match better.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Paolo Martini
on Apr 23, 2010 at 12:47:58 am

Thanks Noah.
Actually I had to add some curves to the shot to match it.
But in any case I was wondering how it is possible such a difference in terms of lightness.
The exported from red rush using color and gamma Look as source.
What am I missing?

They asked also for DPX linear from those files to print on film.
How do I export linear from AFX?
Just exporting from cineon and choosing Full Range DPX?
What type of color and gamma should I use then for interpreting the red footage to be sure that will look good?
They'll use Scracth for all the other red footage.

I'll talk to the lab guys for that but any advice would be appreciated.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Apr 23, 2010 at 1:39:47 am

Now you're getting into areas that the AFX forum can help you out with not me. :)

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]