FORUMS: list search recent posts

going from proxies to r3D for color-correct

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Gaynor
going from proxies to r3D for color-correct
on Mar 29, 2010 at 6:20:49 pm

Hi-
I just picture locked a music video shot on RED. I edited in FCP using the proxies provided by the RED (the ones in the folder with the R3D files), and now I can't figure out how to reconnect to the raw files... which I have to do because i'm giving this to a post-house for color correction. The post house said they wanted a DPX image sequence of the project-- I can't figure out what to do... can anyone help, please?

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: going from proxies to r3D for color-correct
on Mar 29, 2010 at 6:53:27 pm

Get Clipfinder. Free up to version 2.2.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Illya Laney
on Mar 30, 2010 at 1:48:36 am

The proxies are connected to the R3D files already. You could send the sequence to Color and export DPX's from there.

Motion Design, Color, Editing
Simulated Wood Grain Cabinet Inc.
Bunim-Murray Productions

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Mar 30, 2010 at 6:37:56 am

Yes, if the edit is going into Color, it will recognize the proxies and link to the R3D. But it was not clear if they are going into Color, just into a post houseā€¦

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

Bryan Gaynor
on Mar 30, 2010 at 3:08:45 pm

yeah, we're going to a post house, but they told me to give them a DPX image sequence.... but how do i make a DPX sequence in Color? and does the footage automatically connect to the R3D files when i send it to color? thanks!

Return to posts index

Illya Laney
on Mar 30, 2010 at 3:38:17 pm

Color should link up to the RAW files. In the project settings tab there'll be a Render File Type drop down menu, chose DPX from there. Just make sure you have plenty of storage to handle those files before you render because a basic HD DPX frame can average 8 MB.

Motion Design, Color, Editing
Simulated Wood Grain Cabinet Inc.
Bunim-Murray Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]