FORUMS: list search recent posts

Metadata for Framerate

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Elkins
Metadata for Framerate
on Mar 11, 2010 at 10:30:12 am

Hi All,

I have some high-speed RED files which I want to speed up to playback in realtime. Is there any software that displays the framerate of a clip? Does the metadata even retain this information? I can't find it anywhere!
Clipfinder has a fps column, but this is actually displaying the timebase. Same with RedCineX (build 158).

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Many thanks,
Alex Elkins

Salad Daze Films - Freshly Tossed

Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Metadata for Framerate
on Mar 11, 2010 at 1:49:03 pm

The REDLine command line program that comes with the RED software like Red Alert! etc does this. Google for RED REDline

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!
Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
on Mar 11, 2010 at 1:59:52 pm

Hi Noah,

Thanks for the response. I'm not having much joy Googling REDline. This is the first time I've used the Terminal and can't work out how to load the R3D to see it's metadata. Any clues?

Thanks,
Alex

Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 11, 2010 at 2:19:47 pm

First you need to install REDline. It comes with REDcine and REDAlert. Then invoke it from the terminal- it will then show its options.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II and Canon 7D.
Watch Formosa- My indie movie shot with the SDX900 and finished with Final Cut Studio.

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
on Mar 12, 2010 at 5:29:32 pm

Hi Noah,

To clarify, I can open REDLine in Terminal - a huge list of commands then appears, but I can't see how to actually 'import' a particular clip or RDM folder. Does that make any sense? How does one do this?

Many thanks,
Alex Elkins

Read my blog!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Mar 12, 2010 at 6:12:16 pm

You don't import anything you just use the option listed there to show metadata for a clip, enter the clips exact location on the drive as an argument to REDLine and it will do the trick.

Noah

Return to posts index

Petter Brox
on Mar 13, 2010 at 11:33:43 am

Try this:

redline -i /Complete/Path/To/Clip/A014_C018_0310JG_001.R3D --printMeta 1

BUT -at least up to Build 17- the "FPS" info referred only to the Time Base of your project. There was no way to get the frame rate you shot the clip with. Even the shutter degree was wrong, as it was based on the Time Base and not the Frame Rate.

I have not checked if this bug has been fixed in later builds.

Regards,
Petter Brox (Spain)

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
on Mar 13, 2010 at 8:16:59 pm

Thanks Petter,

I'll test this when I'm back in the office. Much appreciated. I'll report back to let you know if the bug you mentioned has been fixed.

Many thanks,
Alex Elkins

Read my blog!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]