FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lenses for Scarlett Question

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joseph wilkins
Lenses for Scarlett Question
on Mar 1, 2010 at 12:56:02 am

Hello,

I currently own a sony EX1 with a redrock lens adaptor, a Canon 5D MK II and am anxiously awaiting the RED Scarlett S35 with removable lens capability.

I am about to lay out a chunk of change on 3-4 lenses and have been looking at either Canon or Zeiss lenses. I want to use these lenses with all 3 cameras ( EX1, MK II and Scarlett)

I am getting 20mm, 35mm, 50mm and 85mm... all Prime lenses... no zooms.

With Canon I'll be paying around $1600 for these lenses... with Zeiss it is more like $4,000. While I can afford the $4k, I want to know if anyone thinks this is worth it... or if there is another brand I should consider in the sub $5k budget.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
Re: Lenses for Scarlett Question
on Mar 1, 2010 at 7:51:59 am

Cine lenses are different from photographic lenses. They normally expose less breathing (change of image size when focusing) and the mechanical range for focusing is more linear and has a larger angle for smooth follow focus.

That said, I doubt you'll find adaptors to make your set work on all the cameras. Plus, have a look at the upcoming primes from RED.

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]