FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch Correct Raw files?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duncan McDade
Batch Correct Raw files?
on Feb 3, 2010 at 2:08:57 pm

Hello,

I have just received the rushes for a my first edit of a short shot on RED and have a couple of questions:

When viewing the QT proxies for the first shoot day all I am getting is a blank screen. However after putting the raw files into REDCine it appears that that that Saturation and R,G & B sliders are all at 0, changing all of these to 1 solves the problem.

Is there anyway to batch this correction to all of the raw files or is there another way?
I will be transcoding all the clips to ProRes (through RedRushes) and I know I can export from RedCine, just don't fancy doing this for 70 clips.

There was apparently very limited time on the first day, does anyone know what could have caused this? All the other rushes are fine.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bruna Abubakir
Re: Batch Correct Raw files?
on Feb 3, 2010 at 2:56:06 pm

Duncan,

If your going to transcode the raw files to prores, then you don't need to batch correct the raw files. I would advise you to use the log and transfer on FCP instead of RedRushes though, as it seems to me to be much faster. When you transcode to ProRes you can set it to use the "as shot" option, and so you'll see the footage as the cinematographer saw it on the view finder.

In redcine, on the "color" section after you color correct one of the clips, you can save that color correction as a preset (there is a button in the color section that says save.). Then you have to go to each clip and click "load" in the color section of Redcine and choose the preset you saved. But I'm pretty sure that won't solve your problem because the corrections aren't saved directly on the raw file, they are saved in the redcine project view and only comes out corrected when you export from there.

Hope this helps.

Just a very big puzzle mister man.

Return to posts index

Duncan McDade
Re: Batch Correct Raw files?
on Feb 3, 2010 at 3:31:35 pm

Thanks very much Bruna. Yes log and transfer is a better option, was having problems with that, but that seems to be working fine now.

When you say "as shot" option do you mean "native", as this still displays a blank screen. However, that got me changing that option and strangely enough on all the other ones (warm, tungsten, daylight etc.) I get an image. "Daylight" looks like the best option for the footage I have, but ideally I wouldn't want to use any of these filters?
I see I can make the same correction in RedAlert! and render out as ProRes from there, but that again is one at a time.

Return to posts index

Duncan McDade
Solved
on Feb 3, 2010 at 3:48:39 pm

OK I see that you can create custom pre-processes for Log & Transfer using RedAlert!
Problem solved.

Return to posts index

Stuart Ferreyra
Re: Solved
on Feb 4, 2010 at 4:20:21 pm

Make sure you don't use those FCP's crappy log & transfer quality files for finishing.

Stuart Ferreyra
Timecode Multimedia
Colorist / Post Supervisor
West Los Angeles, CA

- Visit our studio's website.
- RED Rocket Conversions.
- Follow us on Facebook. Become a fan!
- Duplication, Mastering and Teranex Conversions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]