FORUMS: list search recent posts

(H) quality wraped files wont play back in realtime in FCP

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kapleton
(H) quality wraped files wont play back in realtime in FCP
on Dec 15, 2009 at 3:41:46 pm

I imported just the H files which are 1920x1080 from 3k files at F and i have a fully updated backmagic card going out to multiple monitors but the footage only plays back in the FCP viewer.

Is there something I am doing wrong ? I have been able to do this in the past when transcoding was not finished and the client had to come in and start working with us on a cut - also could it be related to the fact that another computer on the network is chugging away at those same R3D files in Red Rushes?

I am thinking I might have to use the (M) quality QT's instead - any thoughts?

This problem is happening ultimately because on 4 other new mac pro's RedRushes just continues to crash and not work at all!

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: (H) quality wraped files wont play back in realtime in FCP
on Dec 15, 2009 at 11:09:18 pm

Do you have a fast enough hard drive to play back? Also 3K is one of those formats not too well-supported. I'd add a RED Rocket card in if you want to do r/t playback above 2K.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Uli Plank
on Dec 16, 2009 at 8:55:39 am

If RR crashes fequently: did you try Clipfinder?

Regarding proxies in RT: could "max" have been checked in the camera? It slows down decoding!

Director of the Institute of Media Research (IMF) at Braunschweig University of Arts

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Dec 16, 2009 at 10:13:13 pm

[Noah Kadner] "I'd add a RED Rocket card in if you want to do r/t playback above 2K. "

Are you implying that adding a RR card would give real time playback of 2K in FINAL CUT STUDIO?

David

Peace

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Dec 18, 2009 at 4:49:59 pm

Ha- I'm not implying anything, check out RED's specs on that. Red Rocket is specifically designed for playing back footage from the camera at speed.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]