FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Wrappers, no Unlimited RT drop down option?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brandon Adams
Using Wrappers, no Unlimited RT drop down option?
on Dec 11, 2009 at 9:12:23 pm

**I don't want to have a discussion about whether or not I should transcode to ProRes. I'm editing using wrappers for this project. (unless of course that is impossible because of the problem below)**

I previously edited a RED project using the _M Quicktime wrappers (1024x576). They played wonderfully in FCP and everything worked out well.

I am now trying to edit a new project and the _M Quicktime wrappers are a different resolution (960x540). I don't know why this is, but apparently it has to do with how the footage was captured on the RED http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/242/2838

That shouldn't make a difference though. All it would mean is that I change my sequence frame size. However, if I change the frame size to match, or if I drag a clip from the new project to a sequence and allow FCP to automatically adjust the settings, I cannot playback without rendering and there is no "Safe RT or Unlimited RT" option from the dropdown.

However, if I open up the old project (1024x576 files) and drop the new footage into this sequence, everything is fine (though it's not as realtime as the previous project). However, it is stretching the footage to match 1024. If I leave everything the same and simply change the frame size of that old sequence (which shows Safe RT and Unlimited RT options) to match the new footage (960x540), then the red render bar shows up and the Safe RT and Unlimited RT options disappear.

Why is the frame size causing such a problem? It's not like 1024x576 is a standard size either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Brandon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]