Buying red plus accesories questions

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
slobodan milivojevic
Buying red plus accesories questions
on Nov 21, 2009 at 4:07:30 pm

Hi,

my company is planning to buy RED with RED lenses,
so I have some questions regarding picking up right package.
I want to mention that we do corporates, commercials and also we plan to rent it......

1. Are RED lenses right pick regarding price and quality?
My plan is to get: RED PRO PRIMES SET plus RED 18-50 zoom lens

2. What are advantages of buying REDROCKED card? Does this card have some output for monitoring?Can it be used together with BLACKMAGIC HD EXTREME?

3. What platform to use for editing (PC/MAC). Right now, I am using Premiere/Aftereffects combination. How it's working with FCP and MAC?

4. Can somebody help me with complete ACCESORIES package kit, like viewfinder, hdd, ffocus, what tracks, rods???I am little confused with all... :)

5. Any tip for choosing right tripod?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Buying red plus accesories questions
on Nov 21, 2009 at 11:01:08 pm

To answer a few general questions. Yes the RED Pro Primes are solid and a real bargain for the price. RED Rocket is an accelerator card to speed you through conversion of RED native footage to other formats as well as offer accelerated playback- it's a great upgrade for a finishing system. Most folks I know are cutting with FCP on a Mac, although Avid and Premiere also offer successful RED workflows.

Regarding a specific package- you're asking for something outside of the scope of a forum post. I'd suggest working with a consultant to really help you pick all the specific accessories you need and can afford within your budget. Or grab my book- gives you a bird's eye view of all of this stuff so you can focus on your needs.

-Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Ron Amborn
Re: Buying red plus accesories questions
on Nov 23, 2009 at 7:06:13 am

Solbodan
Please contact me directly and I can help you with everything. The primes are unbelievable and Peter Majtan and I were lucky enough to do some pre release test shooting with them several months ago. You can reach me at ron@maxxdigital.com. Also Sean at RED is an awesome resource for information and he is sean@red.com. Please feel free to contact me and we can help with all your questions.

Sincerely,
Ron Amborn President
Maxx Entertainment Digital
21562 Newland Street
Huntington Beach , Ca 92646
Direct 714-374-4944
Cell 714-713-4492 Fax 714-374-3404
ron@maxxdigital.com
http://www.maxxdigital.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved