FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie red advice?

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmet Reddy
Newbie red advice?
on Oct 1, 2009 at 10:46:07 am

Hi all im new to red and i have to cut a project shot on it in the near future, im looking for some advice on specs on exactly what hard ware and software i need to handle red 4k or 2K
These are specs on the machine i will be working on and if these wont work could someone offer advice on what upgrades i need to get.
FCP 6
Kona LHe Card
osx 10.4.11
Processor 2 x 3GHz Dual-Core
memory 8gb 667 mhz ddr fb-dimm
Ok thanks a lot emmet.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Newbie red advice?
on Oct 1, 2009 at 1:43:49 pm

You should upgrade to FCP 7/OS 10.6 and maybe grab my book:

RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera

You'll also want to download the latest plugins from red.com/support. I'd also suggest a fairly beefy RAID drive for storing and playing the footage, other than that your system sounds pretty much up to the task.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com
DSLR Cinematography Blog

Return to posts index

Emmet Reddy
on Oct 5, 2009 at 10:00:00 am

Thanks, I like your book i will be getting a copy asap, meanwhile i managed to import my red files and all seems to be working fine at apple prores 422 hq 1920x1080 i used red code to convert, the only thing is i dont have access to the red settings in color which i can live without for the moment but would be nice to get them to function, this is where im thinking i might need to upgrade ?

Return to posts index

Ron Amborn
on Oct 3, 2009 at 12:28:16 am

Emmet,
Please contact me privately and I can have one of our RED experts help you out.You can email me at ron@maxxdigital.com

Sincerely,
Ron Amborn President
Maxx Entertainment Digital
21562 Newland Street
Huntington Beach , Ca 92646
Direct 714-374-4944
Cell 714-713-4492 Fax 714-374-3404
ron@maxxdigital.com
http://www.maxxdigital.com

Return to posts index

Emmet Reddy
on Oct 5, 2009 at 10:08:39 am

thanks i may need to ask for your help in the near future at the moment im testing to see what i can and cant do.
Thanks Emmet

Return to posts index

Jay Kelley
on Oct 19, 2009 at 12:29:24 pm

I would ask you if you REALLY intend to finish on 2k or 4k. People get really excited about buying the latest and greatest to handle the larger files, but then end up not using all that hardware / money!

Ask yourself what your end product will be, then take it from there.

Jay

RED 101 DVD now on sale..
http://www.red101dvd.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]