FORUMS: list search recent posts

2TB LaCie 2big Quadra 2-Bay RAID eSata - Can I do 2K COLOR???

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
emre Sahin
2TB LaCie 2big Quadra 2-Bay RAID eSata - Can I do 2K COLOR???
on Aug 26, 2009 at 11:49:12 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know if I wanted to use 3 of these drives for a total of 6TB if I can use Color to Color Correct a feature film? I would use the eSata connection. It is considerably cheaper than the Gtech GSpeedes Pro but not sure if it will work. I am using a brand new 8 Core Intel system with 8GB of Ram. Any thoughts? Thanks!!!

Close
2TB LaCie 2big Quadra 2-Bay RAID USB/FireWire 400/800/eSATA PC/Mac

http://store.melrosemac.com/melrosemac/showProductDetail_en.jsp

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: 2TB LaCie 2big Quadra 2-Bay RAID eSata - Can I do 2K COLOR???
on Aug 27, 2009 at 12:57:28 am

from the Lacie website -
it reaches fast burst transfer rates of up to 165MB/s**

Attention Melrose Mac. You know very well that all of my Macs in Florida come indirectly from you. If you have the audacity to sell Lacie products for Red Workflow, to professional videographers, when you represent such wonderful professional products at your place, I assure you that I will make sure that I will purchase no more computers from Melrose Mac.

No Emre, this is the wrong product for you. Call Melrose Mac, a truly great company, and ask them what would be best for your RED workflow.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

emre Sahin
on Aug 27, 2009 at 4:35:52 pm

Thank you so much Bob. I actually did talk to them before posting this and they said it would work, though I (obviously ;) ) wasn't convinced. Thanks for saving me from a wrong purchase.

GSpeed es Pro worked great for me for my offline - my problem is that I have filled that one up completely with my offline cut. So I am in a position where I need to buy another one. Are there any other drives that you can suggest in that price range?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 27, 2009 at 10:17:48 pm

drives from G-Tech, Maxx Digital, Cal Digit, Dulce Systems, Sonnet and others you see advertised on Creative Cow are all excellent.
You can get excellent assistance from simply calling Melrose Mac, who will lead you in the right direction. Remember, to work in 2K, you need a very fast disk drive array.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

emre Sahin
on Aug 27, 2009 at 10:25:36 pm

Thanks again Bob. I went ahead with the Max drives. We'll see how they work - fingers crossed.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Aug 27, 2009 at 11:12:33 pm

that's a great product. If you have any questions, or problems, just write back on this forum, or on their forum.

bob zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]