FORUMS: list search recent posts

ClipFinder/RedRushes exporting

COW Forums : RED Camera

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Bresnik
ClipFinder/RedRushes exporting
on Jun 26, 2009 at 8:13:31 pm

I am doing a few tests to uprez some clips using both programs and I seem to be running into problems.

* I have exported an XML of my ten minute sequence from FCP. I have the box unchecked for adding master clips outside my selection. I thought that ment when I import the XML file into clip finder it would only capture my in an out points of the clips, but that is not happening.

* I replace the mov files with R3D files before I start. In my render settings I select these setting:
Output Format: Quicktime
De-Bayer Resolution: 1/2 normal
Codec: Pro Rez SQ
Aspect Ration: 1920x1080
Scale Mode: Fit Width
Resampling Filter: Catmull/Rom (sharp)
Look Source: Camera
Color Space and Gamma Space: Look Source

When I render the file out it sometimes gives me a 2048x1080 file and the other times it is 1920x1080. Also the color if very blown out compared to the original 4K file when I view them side by side.

I don't know how to solve this problem or convert these files using the edit points in the XML. Some of these native clips are 5 minutes long and I only use a few seconds of them. Will it only read in and out points on RSK files?

RedRushes gives me the right aspect ratio all the time, but I still have issues with the color being either being blown out or having a blue cast over it.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Danny

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]